See a comprehensive list of the can't-miss stories you might have missed
It was a banner 2016 at Inman — we published hundreds of stories about dozens of topics relevant to real estate agents.
Here are the 200 most popular stories we ran this year.
200. Why Zillow has proved to be a starship — not a shooting star
199. 5 superhero actions to sweep your real estate clients off their feet
198. Facebook’s ‘Marketplace’ lets real estate agents post property listings
197. How realtor.com plans to lure homesellers
196. Judge rules antitrust claims against Realtor associations ‘plausible’
195. Why good pricing is priceless
194. 4 essentials on your closing checklist that prevent an FSBO nightmare
193. Agents and brokers freed from threat of listing alert-related patent lawsuits
192. 5 rookie mistakes made by first-time homebuyers
191. Gary Keller’s vision speech slide deck
190. Why the Move-Zillow lawsuit is bigger than legal blood sport
189. Industry experts forecast economy and housing market under Trump
188. Judge punishes Zillow exec for evidence destruction
187. Where do real estate agents draw the line with listing clients?
186. Want to scale your real estate business? Stop making phone calls
185. Where do real estate agents spend their advertising dollars?
184. Zillow busts first-time buyer myths with new research
183. 21 ways to generate more real estate leads than you can handle in 2016
182. What happened when one agent forgot to pay the MLS
181. What this 21-year-old real estate agent has learned
180. Rumors, innuendo and hearsay — what’s the truth about Compass?
179. Agents and brokers at risk of lawsuits over website accessibility
178. How to conquer the world — KW expansion team leader-style
177. How will the 2016 election affect the housing market?
176. The No. 1 thing you are doing that is killing your email marketing
175. Kickstarter helps launch Toor, the ‘smartest lockbox ever’
174. How Zillow Group’s latest buy could ‘muddy the waters’ for Upstream
173. 5 fall home improvements for less than $500
172. Meet Motto Mortgage, Re/Max’s mortgage brokerage franchise
171. Zillow and realtor.com to set off marketing revolution
170. 25 holiday marketing ideas for real estate agents
169. What’s the future of the real estate commission model?
168. 5 simple tips for home showing safety
167. How white privilege makes my life easier
166. Zillow invests in real estate team success with massive Premier Agent update
165. Can a text message be considered a real estate contract?
164. Things no one tells you about real estate: It’s nothing like HGTV
163. Zillow launches new for-sale listing video feature
162. Scam steals closing money by hacking agent, escrow email
161. Real, a virtual brokerage, rolls out agent recruitment program
160. Why every new-build buyer needs a savvy agent
159. 5 real estate marketing trends to watch out for in 2017
158. Opendoor raises $210 million in massive funding round
157. No more secret luxury cash buyers
156. Zillow Group acquires Bridge Interactive
155. How to handle unrealistic seller pricing on a home for sale
154. ‘Welcome to your virtual agent’: Meet the real estate Amazon Echo app
153. Why most real estate agents fail (and 8 tips for success)
152. 5 secrets of a successful direct mail marketing campaign
151. Why (not) to worry about ‘Brexit’
150. 19 female real estate tech entrepreneurs to watch
149. How to solve the ‘aging agent’ problem in real estate
148. Zillow estimating ‘Best Time to List’ properties
147. What Trump’s immigrant ‘sanctuary city’ defunding means for real estate
146. Zillow exec Curt Beardsley penned ‘Attack ListHub’ memo before leaving Move Inc
145. Most sellers get commission discounts: Redfin
144. Special Report: Do Realtor associations offer more than just a bill?
143. Will new commission models die in the next downturn?
142. Special Report: Is social media worth the time investment?
141. Compass gets $1 billion-plus valuation in latest funding round
140. Shatter your crystal ball — here’s a better market predictor
139. Survey says: You can’t have success without these 4 things
138. Why are so many brokers exiting the business?
137. What’s next? 2016 industry outlook report
136. Why I’m jumping on Snapchat in 2016 — and why you should, too
135. 3 claims Realtors should think through carefully
134. 12 staging mistakes sellers should avoid
133. 7 useful apps for real estate agents
132. 7 real estate trends you’ll see in 2016
131. Re/Max and Quicken Loans in court battle over MSAs gone wrong
130. How to revise your strategy on a home that’s not selling
129. Zillow Group: What millennial buyers want in their agents
128. 7 habits of successful real estate agents
127. Trump nominates Ben Carson for HUD secretary
126. Podcast: A 2017 housing crash? (Don’t say we didn’t warn you)
125. Opendoor’s money-back offer cures homebuyers’ remorse
124. Opendoor’s new ‘Trade-In’ lets you buy and sell a home instantly
123. Can real estate technology ever replace a Realtor?
122. ‘Jab, jab, jab, right hook’: Watch Gary Vaynerchuk at ICSF 2016
121. Ben Caballero exceeds $1B in personal transaction volume
120. Zillow Group: Why millennials are the future of real estate
119. HomeDisclosure digs up home death data
118. NAR mandates brokers obtain and grant licenses to MLS content
117. Credit scores are a joke
116. Keller Williams partners with Hurdlr on ProfitDash
115. Zillow’s ‘featured listings’ aren’t what they used to be
114. Real estate agent arrested after hookup in recently sold home
113. California Realtors file $136M lawsuit against tech firm
112. How long can aging agents dance on the bar?
111. Market Leader buys Diverse Solutions from Zillow Group
110. The insider’s guide to local SEO for real estate professionals
109. What the Wells Fargo scandal means for mortgage borrowers
108. A day in the life of a successful agent: Hour by hour
107. Keller Williams enhances agent-powered tech tool
106. Should buyers make offers on multiple homes at once?
105. Why Re/Max shelled out $100M for regional franchise rights this year
104. What will happen to mortgage rates in 2017? 7 expert opinions
103. Is Amitree’s Folio the best Gmail extension for real estate pros yet?
102. 9 biggest mistakes real estate agents make with online lead generation
101. Introducing the Inman Person of the Year
100. Good news: Realtors can now access the Closing Disclosure, says CFPB
99. Donald Trump called real estate brokers ‘bloodsuckers,’ yet he is one
98. 21 interesting people in real estate: Inman’s 2016 list
97. The boiler-room strategy for real estate success
96. 4 technologies changing real estate in 2016
95. 7 reasons listing agents should/shouldn’t attend home inspections
94. Realtor.com overhauls listing ad offering
93. 10 things real estate agents should know about the Fed rate hike
92. 2016 real estate events
91. How Facebook videos are helping one new agent win listings
90. HUD discussing serious concerns with Facebook over ad targeting
89. Should you use your broker’s real estate technology?
88. New FAA regulations loosen drone rules for real estate agents
87. Exclusive buyer’s agents warn: Never see homes with the listing agent
86. The internet is going haywire — what real estate sites are affected?
85. What Opendoor’s Uber-like funding round means for real estate
84. 3 homebuying trends that will stick around in 2016
83. Realtor, sex offender of serial murder case got 5-star reviews
82. 3 tax deductions all real estate agents should utilize immediately
81. NAR taps Phil Dunphy for ‘Modern Family’ Realtor placement
80. Sotheby’s International Realty beats Zillow and realtor.com to 3D
79. Zillow execs to defend against claims of ‘massive’ evidence destruction
78. How to generate leads at Starbucks
77. The ultimate real estate tax deductions checklist
76. Why homesellers shouldn’t accept buyer ‘love letters’
75. Zillow’s 6 predictions for the 2017 housing market under Trump
74. Are buyer’s agent bonuses unethical?
73. Keller Williams announces Zillow, DroneBase partnerships
72. 6 things that’ll help sell a home faster
71. Where NAR spends its money: Employee compensation
70. 4 reasons real estate agents will never find themselves out of a job
69. 5 reasons homeowners should list their homes today
68. Zillow rolls out Facebook ads for real estate agents
67. Real estate independent contractor lawsuits, explained
66. Brad Inman’s crystal ball: Real estate predictions for 2017
65. NAR bans Zillow Group from its 2016 events
64. Zillow and Move settle trade secrets lawsuit for $130M
63. 5 movies every real estate agent should watch
62. Is it illegal to discuss real estate commissions on social media?
61. 10 headshot hints to make you look twice
60. Zillow Group just released the Premier Broker lead platform
59. 10 ways homebuyers can improve credit scores
58. Opendoor is a bigger deal than Zillow — here’s why
57. How I sold a house for more money because it had bugs
56. 5 home staging mistakes to avoid when selling your next place
55. Will 2017 be a buyer’s or a seller’s market?
54. Should you serve alcohol at an open house?
53. 7 things that sabotage your Facebook lead generation
52. Real estate forecast: The market today through 2018
51. 2016 Inman Innovator Awards
50. The 5 biggest mistakes that sellers make
49. Real estate independent contractor lawsuit settled in California
48. Agent productivity propels Keller Williams sales growth to all-time high
47. How Tampa Realtors’ Duncan Duo earned $5.6 million
46. Redfin slashes (or eliminates) ‘partner agent’ rebates
45. SoloPro says it ‘blows up’ real estate agent commissions
44. FSBO and discount-broker sales at record lows
43. 6 massive pricing mistakes homesellers need to evade
42. Realtor association sues its own MLS, accusing unfair business practices
41. No excuses for stupid behavior in real estate — watch the video
40. New down payment option could boost homeownership
39. 4 core places you should be spending your lead generation budget
38. How to deal with buyer clients making lowball offers
37. AOL blocks Keller Williams email addresses
36. 7 things you must do after getting your real estate license
35. Pokémon Go is everywhere — is there a real estate angle?
34. Faira charged with operating as an unlicensed brokerage by regulators
33. What the fall of a broker’s empire means for everyone else
32. Dual agency case heads to California’s highest court
31. 11 reasons for-sale-by-owner is a terrible idea
30. San Diego Realtor associations sue to dissolve their own MLS
29. Special Report: How to make the most of open houses
28. The difference between a real estate agent and a Realtor, explained
27. Is the housing market going to crash again?
26. 6 things homebuyers should never say during a tour
25. The guy who co-built Uber is coming for real estate
24. Zillow recording phone calls between agents and leads
23. Gary Keller sings from the KW mountaintop
22. The days of bedroom, bath and price are dead
21. 10 key design trends that buyers want in 2016
20. The death of competitive market analyses as we know them
19. 5 quotes worth pinning to your office wall
18. Agent teams banned from using ‘real estate’ in names by another state
17. 10 reasons you should never buy or sell without an agent
16. The 25 best real estate coaches
15. The 6 texts you should send every online lead
14. Zillow on hook for $2B in damages, Move and NAR allege
13. ‘My friend is a Realtor’: 7 killer comebacks
12. California Supreme Court rules on dual agency case
11. Homeowners can now sell on MLS with no listing fee
10. What’s hot and what’s not in 2017 kitchen trends
9. 7 totally unforgettable seller closing gift ideas
8. 7 items you must fix before putting your home on the market
7. Zillow CEO Spencer Rascoff sold home for much less than Zestimate
6. 8 experts predict the 2017 housing market
5. Special Report: Real estate team success
4. ‘Beware,’ warns Gary Keller, foreshadowing shift in housing market
3. What does President Trump mean for the housing market?
2. Special Report: How to fix new-agent onboarding
1. 6 economists forecast the 2016 housing market
This article was originally posted/written by Inman.